Undergraduate Study

Universities in the UK offer an outstanding range of undergraduate courses to suit all interests. Entry has to be made via the Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) which limits the number of universities you can apply. There is also a small fee. Your UKEAS counselor will be able to explain this to you in detail and advise the best courses for you to apply based on your academic background.

Whilst some courses, like Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science and Architecture take at least 5 years to complete, most undergraduate (BA and BSc) courses take 3 years. It is important to note though that undergraduate courses in Scotland take 4 years. There is another course called a sandwich course. It usually takes 4 years including a one year work experience segment following on from the second year. Students, especially those on hospitality courses for example, can come back to their home country to work. They can also choose to work in companies in the UK where they will receive full payment. Students have to write a report about their work experience to illustrate what they have learnt. This course is very popular for students on business, hospitably and fashion design courses.


If you have any questions, please contact your Go2uK counsellor for professional and free advice.